Students must be at least 16 years old (if under 18, you must have a letter of consent from your parents or guardian). 17 and older a High School diploma or GED certificate is preferred. If under 18, student must sign an enrollment agreement form jointly by a parent or guardian. Any applicant 18 and older without a High School diploma or GED certificate must have an oral interview with an official of Byers Technical Institute.
Applicants must be able to speak English, have the ability to lift five (5) pounds with one hand and one arm, have good eyesight; using corrective lens if necessary. Previous welding experience is not required.
All applicants are required to pay a $50 non-refundable application fee and complete an application; either online or in person.
To attend Byers Technical Institute all new students must:
- Complete an Application.
- Read and complete and Enrollment Agreement.
- Sign and date the Enrollment Agreement along with your non-refundable registration fee of $50. Make your check or money order payable to Byers Technical Institute. Do not send cash in the mail. The $50 registration fee must be paid before we can process your application. Submit at least 30 days before your desired start date.
- Provide a U.S. high school diploma, GED certificate or completion of home school education is preferred (contact Admission Office for details).
- Before beginning classes, each student must have made financial arrangements for tuition, books and supplies 30 days before your class start date. If you have any questions please contact the Admissions Office. The total amount of tuition and fees must be paid 30 days prior to your first day of class. Please refer to page 32 of the catalog for the optional payment plan for the Combination Pipe Welding Program.
- BTI will acknowledge your enrollment or denial by email or letter.